Yacht and Watercraft Insurance
Responsible Boat Owners Should be Rewarded
PURE’s Watercraft Insurance policy provides members with comprehensive coverage and exceptional claims service. Whether you own a sailboat or powerboat, a small boat or luxury yacht — or something in between — PURE’s Watercraft Insurance policy can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
In coastal areas, PURE works with members to review hurricane plans. This not only reinforces our commitment to a most responsible membership, but can provide useful advice and safety measures.
PURE watercraft policies also feature:
- Agreed Value. In the event of a covered total loss to your watercraft, PURE will pay the Hull coverage amount listed on your policy without application of your standard deductible (a Named Storm deductible may still apply).
- Replacement Cost. PURE will pay to repair your vessel without deducting for depreciation on most covered partial losses. Actual Cash Value settlement may apply on sails, outboard engines, canvas and batteries that are more than three years old and vessels that are for sale.
- Navigational Limits. Whether navigating close to home or far away, PURE offers coverage for all of your cruising itineraries. Personal Effects. If personal property or fishing equipment is damaged or stolen from your vessel, PURE will pay to repair or replace it, up to the limit that you choose. Subject to a $250 deductible.
- Emergency Towing & Assistance. If your vessel becomes disabled – even if it is caused by an event not covered by the policy – PURE will pay the towing and emergency assistance costs without application of a deductible.
- Tenders. Coverage is automatically included and can be tailored to your specific needs.
- Liability Protection. PURE provides coverage for legal defense costs, damages, pollution clean-up and containment, wreck removal and Jones Act coverage for paid crew.
- Uninsured Boater. If you or your passengers are injured due to the actions of an uninsured boater, PURE provides coverage up to the limit that you choose.
- Medical Payments. PURE will cover the reasonable medical and related expenses should one of your passengers be injured aboard your vessel.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA). Coverage is automatically provided for those employed aboard your vessel who are within the jurisdiction of the LHWCA.
- Marine Environmental Damage. PURE automatically provides up to $2,500 per occurrence, for fines and penalties for marine environmental damage.
- Hurricane Haul-Out. PURE will reimburse haul-out and storage expenses that you incur, subject to the limit in your policy, to protect your vessel from a named storm.
In the event of a claim, PURE's claim support is ready and dependable. To help alleviate any administrative hassles of your claim, we'll assign you a designated Member Advocate.
PURE Watercraft Insurance Highlights (PDF, 350.33 K)