PURE’s Subscribers' Advisory Committee (SAC) exists to make the voice of the membership heard when it comes to important decisions and the governance of the company. This committee of members advises on the company’s direction and ensures that we maintain a communicative, transparent relationship with the broader membership.
The SAC is responsible for:
- Meeting quarterly with PURE’s management to offer advice and insights
- Overseeing the company’s attorney-in-fact
- Advising on initiatives relating to claims, billing and other matters
- Selecting PURE’s auditor
- Commenting on new coverage ideas or claim enhancements
- Act as champions for PURE in their communities
Meet the members of the SAC
Jodi G. Lash
Jodi Lash, a PURE member since 2010, is the CEO of J. Lash & Company, an insurance regulatory consulting firm. She started her career at Progressive Insurance and held numerous roles including claims attorney, litigation manager and product manager. Following her tenure at Progressive, Jodi served as General Counsel and Secretary for National Interstate Insurance Company. She has served as National Chair of the American Red Cross Tiffany circle and is a member of the Economic Leadership Council for The Dallas Women’s Foundation.
Josephine (Joey) Cummings, a PURE member since 2011, served as CEO/Chief Strategic & Creative Officer at The Joey Company for thirty years. She now serves as a private consultant to companies she believes are advancing visionary offerings, services or ideas in a world that desperately needs them. Joey’s held key leadership roles at top advertising agencies around the world. In 1991, Joey opened the doors of The Joey Company, which grew into a very successful, highly regarded, privately held agency located in Dumbo in Brooklyn, NY.
Douglas Fields has been a PURE member since 2007. Currently, Doug is an Executive Vice President at Alliant Insurance Services in Boca Raton, FL. He began his insurance career in 1983 with State Farm Insurance Company as a claims adjuster. In 1985, he began his sales career with Oswald Trippe & Co., one of Florida’s largest independently owned insurance agencies, and he became a partner and Senior Vice President in 1992. Additionally, Doug was an organizing Director of Edison Insurance Company, a homeowners insurance company based out of St. Petersburg, FL.
Richard Jacobs, a PURE member since 2011, is a Managing Director and Principal of CGA Capital, LLC, a leading provider of debt and equity capital for real estate and other assets leased to corporate, governmental and not-for-profit users. Prior to forming CGA in 2008, Rich was a Managing Director at RBS Greenwich Capital, the US broker/dealer affiliate of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and was the head of the Structured Finance Group at Legg Mason, Inc. Rich serves on the Board of Trustees for Brevard Music Center and Brevard College.
James H. McLaughlin
James H. McLaughlin, a PURE member since 2009, is the founder of J.H. McLaughlin & Co., LLC, a management consulting business focusing on strategy and practice management for wealth management and investment advisory firms, private banks and single and multi-family offices. He has served in senior management roles at Geller Family Office Services, Mellon Private Wealth Management and Convergent Wealth Advisors. Earlier in his career, Jamie served 10 years in the Connecticut General Assembly, including three terms in the State Senate.
William W. Wilson III*
William W. Wilson, a PURE member since 2007, is the Executive Chairman of Dropsource and Partner at Tri-Tech Luxury Home Builders. He served as President and CEO of ClientSoft, the global leader in legacy integration software, for more than four years until its sale in December 2004. Bill is the former Managing Director and Chief Information Officer at Marsh and Senior Vice president and Principal at Johnson & Higgins (J&H). Bill is Chairman of YPO Ocean Reed Gold and the former Chair of the Baptist Health South Florida Foundation Board.
Read the SAC Chair's letter to members
* Members of the SAC are discouraged from providing professional services (services outside of their duties as a member of the SAC) in exchange for compensation to Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Exchange (“PURE”), PURE Risk Management, LLC (“PRM”) and/or its affiliates (“Companies”). However, if it determined that it may be in the best interest of the Companies, only then will it move forward. At this time, there are two SAC members who are being compensated for professional services rendered to at least one of the Companies: Douglas Fields works at Alliant Insurance Services, an independent insurance broker that receives commissions for placing business with PURE and other insurance carriers. William W. Wilson III is the Executive Chairman of Dropsource. In his role, he advises management of the company on operations and service delivery. He receives a small payment for these services.