Fraud and cybercrime are on the rise, and due to their wealth and uniquely complex lives, high net worth individuals are at a greater risk of being targeted. To help you respond to these risks, PURE StarlingTM is an optional endorsement to our Homeowners policy designed to provide coverage for losses caused by fraud and cybercrime while providing access to resources to help you recover if you become a victim.1
- Online and Offline Fraud Coverage. Our coverage helps to reimburse you for financial loss due to fraud, whether it’s committed online or off. Examples include social engineering, unauthorized transfer or payment, forgery or alteration of checks, acceptance of counterfeit money and more.
- Cyber Extortion Coverage. If you are the target of cyber extortion—a type of online attack in which a cybercriminal demands money to prevent the damage or distribution of content or to restore access to the functionality of your device—our coverage affords immediate access to crisis management advice to help you best respond to the threat and, in the event a payment is made, covers the amount of the payment.
- Systems Attack Coverage. Should you become the target of a cyberattack, our policy helps provide coverage for the cost of a professional to reinstall damaged software, remove malicious code, reconfigure your device or system and replace electronic data that has been lost or corrupted.
- Three Customizable Levels of Protection. Coverage limits of $100,000, $250,000 and $1,000,000 are available. Availability of the $250,000 and $1,000,000 limits is subject to no prior fraud or cyber incidents in the past 24 months. Availability of the $1,000,000 limit is also subject to a subscription to an active cyber monitoring solution. Please note that the coverage limit for Systems Attack is capped at $100,000 regardless of the total limit selected.
- Active Cyber Monitoring. PURE has identified Rubica, innovators in the field of personal digital security, as a provider of active cybersecurity monitoring for high net worth individuals designed to reduce the risk of a loss from happening in the first place. A subscription to Rubica or an equivalent active monitoring cybersecurity service satisfies the risk management requirements to be eligible for the $1,000,000 coverage limit.
1. Coverage not available in all states.