Personal Excess Liability Insurance
Protection for everything you’ve worked to build.
Your significant assets and unique lifestyle—arising from factors like owning multiple homes, employing domestic staff and more—expose you to an above-average number of liability risks. Lost lawsuits hold the power to threaten not only your existing wealth and future earnings, but also the legacy intended for future generations. PURE’s Personal Excess Liability insurance can help protect that legacy against claims of personal injury, bodily injury and property damage worldwide.
- Coverage for Defense Costs. Legal defense costs are covered and do not reduce the amount available to pay damages. This includes claims of bodily injury, defamation, libel, slander, wrongful entry or eviction, emotional distress and more. You will have the ability to choose representation from among a panel of trusted attorneys and defense counsel.
- Fewer Out-of-Pocket Expenses. Coverage picks up at the dollar amount where your primary insurance policy with PURE (Homeowners, Automobile or Watercraft) ends, reducing coverage gaps and out-of-pocket expenses. And our drop-down coverage feature means that you’re protected for an entire covered loss, even if the underlying policy does not apply or is not required.
- Not-for-Profit Directors and Officer Liability Coverage. Board members can be held liable for the actions or inaction of the organizations they serve, including accusations such as wrongful termination and breach of fiduciary duties. Our optional Not-for-Profit Directors & Officer Liability coverage protects you as you act in your capacity as an officer for a qualifying not-for-profit organization.
- Domestic Employment Practice Liability Coverage. If you employ domestic staff such as drivers, housekeepers or childcare providers, you can add Employment Practice Liability Coverage to protect against wrongful employment allegations. It also covers up to $25,000 for crisis management services to help preserve your reputation.
- Uninsured Motorist and Uninsured Personal Liability Coverage. You can also purchase Uninsured Motorist and Uninsured Personal Liability Coverage to protect against injuries or damages caused by an at-fault third party.
Pricing that Better Aligns with Risk.
PURE’s pricing is logical and reflects your individual risk factors, such as the driving experience and number of drivers in your household (as opposed to the number of cars in your driveway, which doesn’t present as accurate a picture of your risk). In addition, our pricing doesn’t discourage those needing higher limits form selecting the right amount of coverage. Instead, our price more accurately reflects the likelihood of the limit being paid out in a claim. This has resulted in an average annual savings of 43% for members who purchase limits above $10,000,000.
For a pricing estimate or guidance in selecting a limit that’s right for your family, visit our Personal Excess Liability Price Discovery Tool.
A PURE member’s teenage daughter was driving a car owned by her parents when she became distracted and rear-ended another vehicle. She was unharmed; however, the other driver and his passenger sustained serious injuries—and both required surgery and lengthy hospital stays. PURE paid $5 million to settle the claim on the member’s behalf.
A fire broke out in the kitchen of a PURE member’s New York City apartment. Before the fire department could arrive, the fire spread to a neighboring unit. Other units suffered significant smoke, soot and water damage as a result. PURE paid $5 million to settle a liability lawsuit on the member’s behalf.