PURE Flood Solutions®
Comprehensive, Customizable Flood Protection for PURE Members.
You are never really prepared for a flood unless you have flood insurance.
Flooding is the most common natural disaster yet flood damage is not covered by a Homeowners policy. Floods can occur almost anywhere and at any time, and you do not need to live near water to be impacted. People outside of high-risk areas file more than 20% of flood claims and receive more than one-third of disaster assistance for flooding. Whether it’s caused by flash flooding, heavy rains from seasonal storms, or storm surge from a hurricane, flood can cause catastrophic damage to your home and property.
PURE Flood Solutions allows PURE members to obtain superior coverage and claim service. The product suite has been designed to meet the diverse needs of the membership and offers three customizable levels of protection. PURE Member Advocates® and PURE-appointed claim adjusters help create a dramatically better service experience while reducing the time required to settle a loss.
PURE Flood Solutions® includes:
Primary Flood Coverage for Baseline Protection
Every “Solution” begins with primary flood insurance that PURE offers through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Primary flood insurance provides limits of $250,000 for your home and $100,000 for contents. Coverage features include:
- Property Coverage. Coverage for your home’s structure as well as items like your furnace and water heater.
- Contents Coverage. Coverage for furniture, rugs, appliances, and clothing.
- Loss Avoidance Measures. Preventative expenses you incur to protect your home against imminent flood damage.
- Clean-up Costs. Clean-up costs for covered items after a flood, including debris removal.
Broader Coverage and Higher Limit Options
While the NFIP’s Primary Flood Insurance is valuable for all homeowners, the limits and coverage features available are not sufficient for those with sophisticated assets to protect. That’s where PURE’s optional flood endorsements come in. PURE Flood Advantage® and PURE Flood Extension® are intended to supplement the NFIP’s Primary Flood Insurance by providing broader coverage, and in low hazard areas, increased limits. Compare coverage features.
Excess Flood Coverage for the Highest Limits Available
PURE Excess Flood allows members, no matter where you live, to purchase enough insurance to adequately cover your home in the event of a large loss – when primary flood limits are not enough. PURE Excess Flood works as a supplement to our other flood coverages. Coverage features include:
- Follow Form. Mirrors the coverage provided by the NFIP’s Primary Flood Insurance or the selected optional flood endorsements.
- High, Flexible Limits. Coverage limits for home and contents over and above that provided by our primary flood coverage and optional flood endorsements - up to your home’s full replacement cost.
- Seamless Protection. Excess Flood coverage begins where our optional flood endorsements end, allowing for seamless protection.
For help determining which coverages are right for you, click here.
Special Advantages of PURE Flood Solutions
- Seamless Claims Response. Should you suffer a loss consisting of multiple kinds of damage (e.g., a severe storm causes wind damage to your roof and surface water damage to your home and contents), a single point of contact will be assigned to manage and accelerate all aspects of the claim process on your behalf.
- Member Advocate. These valuable resources are available to help minimize the administrative hassles associated with risk management and the claims process. Whether you need help finding a specialized contractor, locating temporary housing, or coordinating repairs, our Member Advocates provide dedicated, personalized service “before, during, and after” a claim.
Premium Savings. By purchasing PURE Flood Insurance along with either PURE Flood Advantage or PURE Flood Extension, you will receive a 5% discount on your Homeowners (up to $250 premium).
A Common Loss Scenario:
When a PURE member suffers a loss, they expect the responsiveness of a specialist insurer and the efficiency of a single point of contact. By becoming an NFIP Write Your Own (WYO) carrier, PURE is in position to deliver a higher level of service to our membership.
After Hurricane Irene, a number of PURE members suffered both damage caused by fallen trees and damage caused by flooding. PURE could deal with part of the claim, but some members were left waiting days or weeks to see a flood adjuster.
With a PURE Flood Insurance policy, homeowners and flood claims can be handled quickly and efficiently by a single PURE-appointed adjuster with high value expertise.
PURE Flood Solutions (PDF, 582.13 K)